Friday, May 4, 2012
Episode 1: We Begin!
Josh has 7 WIPs (or so he claims...) of which three were revealed on this episode
1) He is working on the Vulpix shawl by Stephen West out of Knit Picks Bare Palette base that he dyed himself using food safe dyes.
2) He is also working on the Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner. It is made out of Berroco Vintage Chunky in 3 different colors, Berroco Lustra, Cascade 220, a Canadian yarn by Two Dot Designs (which unfortunately he can't find a link for), Aslan Trends Del Cerro, Plymouth Yarn Select Worsted Merino Superwash, and Berroco Comfort Worsted.
3) His "last" WIP is the Rams and Yowes blanket pattern by Kate Davies. He is making it out of Knit Picks Palette in 9 shades of grey. The original pattern calls for Jamieson and Smith Natural Shetland, but he is a rebel and refuses to conform! ;) (the original yarn, however is STUNNING!!!)
Josh has finished two objects to show and they are:
1) His Rambling Rows Afghan by Pat Penney and Carol Anderson of Cottage Creations. It was made out of some Red Heart Super Saver and some Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn.
2) His own new shawl design - still to be named! - made out of Fearless Fibers Classic Merino Sock Yarn that was originally in the Sand and Sun colorway, but he overdyed it and it became a green/brown mix that transformed into a shawl! (this yarn is now discontinued and the link will take you to the ravelry stash page for the original color!)
A big thank you was given to the Knitgirllls and once again he says thank you for inspiring his vidcast.
And speaking of them... Josh said that they were from Missouri, but in actuality they live in Mississippi! So sorry!!!
pinterest was bespoke of and from that lovely birth place of all evilly fun things to do, Josh made a melted crayon art. (tutorial included in the link! TRY IT OUT!!!)
Crayola 64 box o' crayons were mentioned as well.
Thanks for watching and leave a comment if you would!