Friday, May 18, 2012
Josh is working on the Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner. It is knitted on US size 8/5mm needles out of various worsted and bulky weight yarns that he got on a trip two years ago.
He is also working on the Rams and Yowes blanket by Kate Davies and that is knit on US size 9/5.5 mm needles out of 9 shades of Knitpicks Palette yarn held double.
His new WIP is the Celestine by Norah Gaughan. It is knit out of some crazy Plymouth Yarns Dreambaby Kokonut DK yarn on US size 2/2.5 mm needles.
Only one this time!
Josh finished Vulpix by Stephen West and that was knit out of some Knitpicks Bare Palette base that Josh hand-dyed for this shawl.
Josh ordered from a lovely site called the Loopy Ewe and HIGHLY recommends it! Great service and fast shipping!!!!
a skein of Madelinetosh Merino Light 100% superwash merino wool, 420yds/384 meters in the color Oxblood.
a skein of Fiberphile 2-ply Squooshy sock 80% superwash merino/20% nylon, 400yds in the color Fortress.
4 oz. 100% Corriedale fiber by Woolen Mill St Yarns in the colorway Nightmare.
Thanks for watching and leave a comment!!! :)
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Josh is working on a Vulpix shawl by Stephen West. It is worked on US size 4/3.5 mm needles and is knitted out of Knitpicks Bare Palette base that he dyed himself.
He is also working on a Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner. It is knit on US size 8/5mm needles and out of various worsted and bulky weight yarns.
The other thing on his needles is a Rams and Yowes blanket by Kate Davies. It is worked in the round on US size 9/5.5mm needles. He is making it out of 9 shades of Knitpicks Palette held double.
Josh finished a Rambling Rows blanket out of various worsted/aran weight acrylics from his stash.
He also designed and finished a still-to-be-named lace shawl made from Fearless Fibers Classic Merino Sock that he over-dyed to make into a beautiful greens and browns.
Josh went crazy and cast on and FINISHED a Boneyard shawl (by Stephen West) in less then a week! It was knitted out of 6 shades of Lion Brand Wool-Ease that he had left over from another blanket he made last year. (which happened to be a Lizard Ridge blanket by Laura Aylor)
He talked about this newer group on Ravelry called the Hunger Games group where you knit things to compete in challenges. Which is very similar to the Harry Potter House Cup group.
He also talked about his error made last week in calling the Knitgirllls Missourians rather then Mississippians! If you haven't watched their videocast yet, go and do so!!!
He then went on to explain about Shawliday and the group he's involved in promoting on Ravelry, the Wear a Shawl Day group. All sorts of crafters are welcomed!!!!(as long as it is a Ravelry santioned craft!) So come on in and join the fun!!!!
Finally, all references to a somewhat well-known website referred to as Ravelry may be answered by following the link to Ravelry.com
Friday, May 4, 2012
Josh has 7 WIPs (or so he claims...) of which three were revealed on this episode
1) He is working on the Vulpix shawl by Stephen West out of Knit Picks Bare Palette base that he dyed himself using food safe dyes.
2) He is also working on the Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner. It is made out of Berroco Vintage Chunky in 3 different colors, Berroco Lustra, Cascade 220, a Canadian yarn by Two Dot Designs (which unfortunately he can't find a link for), Aslan Trends Del Cerro, Plymouth Yarn Select Worsted Merino Superwash, and Berroco Comfort Worsted.
3) His "last" WIP is the Rams and Yowes blanket pattern by Kate Davies. He is making it out of Knit Picks Palette in 9 shades of grey. The original pattern calls for Jamieson and Smith Natural Shetland, but he is a rebel and refuses to conform! ;) (the original yarn, however is STUNNING!!!)
Josh has finished two objects to show and they are:
1) His Rambling Rows Afghan by Pat Penney and Carol Anderson of Cottage Creations. It was made out of some Red Heart Super Saver and some Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn.
2) His own new shawl design - still to be named! - made out of Fearless Fibers Classic Merino Sock Yarn that was originally in the Sand and Sun colorway, but he overdyed it and it became a green/brown mix that transformed into a shawl! (this yarn is now discontinued and the link will take you to the ravelry stash page for the original color!)
A big thank you was given to the Knitgirllls and once again he says thank you for inspiring his vidcast.
And speaking of them... Josh said that they were from Missouri, but in actuality they live in Mississippi! So sorry!!!
pinterest was bespoke of and from that lovely birth place of all evilly fun things to do, Josh made a melted crayon art. (tutorial included in the link! TRY IT OUT!!!)
Crayola 64 box o' crayons were mentioned as well.
Thanks for watching and leave a comment if you would!